LASER HAIR REMOVAL
GUIDELINES FOR LASER HAIR TREATMENT
1. Avoid tanning (including tanning beds, tanning creams) for an average of 4 weeks before and 2 weeks after the laser hair treatment. If you must go in the sun, use a sunblock with SPF 30 or higher. Spray tan can be applied 2 days after treatment.
2. If using Retin-A cream, you must stop using it for 3 weeks before treatment.
3. Please shave the area to be treated prior to coming in for your laser treatment.
4. It is recommended that you stop bleaching hair 2-3 days before your procedure.
5. It is best that you refrain from twee-zing or waxing immediately (shaving or trimming is best)
6. If you work out, do so before treatment, but definitely not immediately after laser hair treatment.
1. Immediately after treatment, there should be redness and bumps at the treatment site. This may last for up to 2 hours or longer. It is normal for the treated area to feel like sunburn for a few hours. You may use a cold compress if needed.
2. Avoid hot showers/baths or hot tubs 24-48 hours after treatment.
3. Makeup may be applied after the laser hair treatment, but make sure you have moisturizer on under your makeup. In fact, moisturizer will help the dead hair exfoliate from the follicle, so use moisturizer frequently and freely on the treated area.
3. Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of dark or light spots. Use sunblock with an SPF 30 or higher at all times throughout the course of treatment.
4. Do not use any other hair removal methods or products on the treated area during the course of you laser treatments (twee-zing, waxing and depilatories), as these will prevent you from achieving your best results. You may shave during the course of the laser treatments.
5. Anywhere from 1-2 weeks after treatment, shedding of the hair may occur. This may appear as new hair growth. This is not new hair growth, but dead hair pushing its way out of the follicle. You can help the hairs exfoliate by taking hot showers and rubbing with a wash cloth or loofah.
6. Avoid other treatments (microdermabrasion peels, etc.) before and after laser hair treatment. Consult with technician for specific questions.
Call or Text
4740 Spring Cypress Spring,
Houston, Texas 77379 Suite C
Call or Text: 832-381-4072