A chemical peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. The new skin is also temporarily more sensitive to the sun.
At Blair Med Spa we carry PCA Chemical Peels, SkinCeutical Chemical Peels and Image Chemical Peels.
How Do Chemical Peel Work ?
The peel speeds up your natural skin’s healing process by stimulating the production of collagen and improving elastin fibres which give skin its youthful form and shape. It also revitalizes sensitive skin and helps improve the appearance of irritated or inflamed skin.
In-office epidermal peels are a non-invasive way to immediately resurface and improve the health of skin with no downtime.
What Skin Conditions are treated with Chemical Peels
Anyone who wants to combat the look of aging, hyper pigmentation, or skin imperfections:
- Acne– Superficial chemical peels exfoliate the skin, allowing dead skin cells to be removed more effectively, excess oils on the skin are also removed. This action unblocks hair follicles and pores and reducing the appearance of pimples and improving skin texture that is damaged by acne.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles- especially under the eyes and around the mouth in sun damaged or ageing skin.
- Rough skin Texture- chemical peels can improve rough skin texture by increasing the amount of collagen in the upper layer of the skin.
- Lentigines (large freckles) which appear as dark spots on the skin, they are also called liver spots, or age spots- Large freckles can develop as a result of sun exposure and are present on sites which are exposed to excess sun such as face and arms and neck. A course of chemical peels can lighten large freckles and improve the appearance of sun damaged skin.
- Melasma- is a dark skin discoloration which appears as patches commonly found on the cheeks, nose, lips, upper lip, and forehead. It is common in women who are taking hormonal treatment in the form of contraceptives or Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and pregnant women. A course of chemical peels can lighten the appearance of dark discoloured skin caused by melasma.
- Hyperpigmentation- caused by excess skin pigment in the skin which can result in uneven skin tone. Chemical peels can lighten and even out the tone and appearance of the skin. The skinceuticals pigment balancing masque and peel maybe more effective for hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone.
- Hyper pigmentation
- Aging skin
- Reduces hyper pigmentation and hypo pigmentation
- Improves skin tone
- Enhances skin radiance
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin elasticity
- Little or no discomfort
- Not for women who are pregnant or nursing
- You must discontinue use of any acne treatments, Retinol/Retin-A®, AHA’s, BHA’s or skin brighteners for 3 days pre- and post-peel